Thank you for considering submitting your work to Stoneslide.
- We welcome unsolicited submissions.
- We read submissions blind, and your work is judged, not your reputation or publishing history.
- We can handle a set number of submissions each month and will close once we hit that limit. Please visit us early in the month to maximize your chances of being able to reach us.
- Our acceptance rate is currently under one percent. We pass on many stories with strong qualities that no doubt find an audience elsewhere.
- Our response time is around two to three months. If you do not hear from us within that time frame, please do send a note to check in. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This is not the Rejection Generator Project. If you want an automatic (and humorously painful) rejection to toughen yourself up, please try the RGP.
The Stoneslide Corrective pays for stories upon publication. Authors will be paid $125 for short fiction and short narrative non-fiction, and $50 for flash pieces up to 1,000 words.
Stoneslide Books pays a modest advance and a very competitive revenue sharing arrangement after publication.
We do not read simultaneous submissions of book-length works.